Monday, September 29, 2008

the past 2 weeks

I can't help but blame the economy and the recent financial markets for my slow business lately. I attended the JP Open Studios yesterday and there were a lot of artists expressing the same thing. But their works,,, some were in the thousand dollar range. Some pieces were great. But it's all in the eye of the beholder.

The upside of being slow is that my portfolio is growing leaps. I am able to do paintings of the breeds that people have requested. Not that they look like their dogs, but whatever. I've done a mastiff and there's a blood hound coming next. Not to mention the "2 kittens in a corner" and the sheep that I'm working on right now.

I just can't stop painting regardless of what the business is like. After touring around the JP Open Studios, Tracy and I have decided to open her apt. for open studios next year. She's got a good set up. She just has to start beading.

we shall see....

No comments: