Monday, April 13, 2009

Boston Shines!!

I'm am happy to say that my design was accepted for the Boston Shines event!!! Yay! What does this mean? Well, in Boston on every other block or so there is a utility box. They're green, about 3 ft in height and control street lights (I believe). Some tend to get covered in flyers and graffiti so Boston had come up with a contest for local artist to submit up to 3 designs for these boxes. I had done one with Striped Bass (known here as Stripe-ahs) and that's the one that got in!! My location request was down by the waterfront, which is pretty big in the Boston area running all the way from Charlestown to Quincy. If your not familiar with Boston, here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS259US260&q=maps+of+boston+waterfront&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=9kHjSbvgAqrslQfpupTgDg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

But the Stripers run up the Charles river every spring chasing herring and they are a lot of fun to catch and tasty to eat. But I'm just very excited about the winning and having my artwork in public view!!!

Boston Shines event will happen April 24th & 25th 2009

No comments: