Monday, April 20, 2009

Luna the Rescue Kitty



Here are pictures of our new kitty, Luna.
A while ago, I was reading an article about grieving after a pet dies. It said something to the fact that if you do plan to get another pet, it's best to wait about 6 months and then get a pet that is not so similar to the one that had just passed away. So, when D died ( Still very sad) I marked my calender on July 2nd, that would be the time to start looking for another kitty. Of couse the back of my head said, "unless of course theres a kitty who's in dire need of a home - you should save it). Luna was that kitty. While going through posts in the pet forum on Craigslist, there was this one that had 3 kitties that were scheduled to be euthanized as they were in a high kill shelter. Luna was the youngest of the 3. Within a week of me responding to that post, Luna was dropped of at my apartment on Valentine's Day. She's 3 years old, still acts like a crazy kitten and is really becoming the apple of our eyes. They tell me that she was an abandoned kitty found in an empty apartment. Who does this?????
Which brings me to my rant of the week:
Recently a "friend" on Facebook (and I put it in quotations because this woman and I have not spoken since high school and she hounded me for weeks on FB to be her friend ... but anyway) updated her status in saying that she was moving and couldn't take her cats with her so is there anyone looking for 2 kitties? I replied to her status something that it's so sad, and had she done everything in her power to not let this happen. I see it so often. She replied that it was the landlord that didnt want pets and that she had to put her family first and she couldn't miss on this opportunity. And that the only reason why she put it up there is to see if anyone would take her cats and "that's all I need to hear, thanks". This is the part I don't get - Aren't your cats a part of your family? I agree people should put their families first but I know my cat is a part of my family and if I had to move I wouldn't even look at a place that didnt' accept pets. I think I could have been real nasty in response but all I said was "Alrighty then! Good luck!" Well, maybe Kharma will bite her in the ass.



No comments: