Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer means....


Get out side. Stop hanging out in front of the computer! Don't get me wrong, if you want to see my work and listen to me rant then that's great. But I'm only in front of this computer because I'm at work and there's not a whole lot going on. But if I were you, I'd go attend some art festivals this summer. Specifically the Somerville Art beat in Davis Square goi ng on July 17 & 18th. I'll have a booth on the 18th.


This past week I've managed to sit at least an hour a day in front of the table to work on watercolors. There aren't many commissions coming in, just some redeemed portrait certificates to keep me busy. I guess it's better than nothing. Jason and I ended up going to Wachusett Res yesterday and I wished that i had my acrylics with me. I did so some sketching, but wasn't feeling too inspired.

Maybe that's the reason why I'm in a bad mood today. It's finally gorgeous outside and I'm cooped up in front of the computer. That and it really didn't feel like the 4th of July to me. I'm such a sucker for the holidays. I didn't even get to do any sparklers. *sigh*

No comments: