Thursday, January 14, 2010

Creative EVERY day



So this is what I ended up making last night

This is what I call Shaved Chocolate pie. What happened is this:

We had guests, we usually get pizza. I decided a dessert was in order and to use some ingredients that I had left over from all my Christmas dessert making.
I went to Whole Foods and got a ready made pie crust (I've never made my own crust - superstar challenge?). But they didn't have the graham cracker kind. This is a butter crust made by Vermont Mystic Pie company and it was buttery!!! Like a big cookie. Cooked the crust separate (it was frozen when I bought it) and then filled it with the pudding. The pudding was the classic Jell-O brand that you just add milk and stir. I cut the recipe of milk to 1.5 cups from the 2 they say to use on the package. J's pudding pie that I made during Christmas time was very soupy with 2 cups of milk. Poured the pudding in the crust and let sit in the fridge for about an hour. I had every intention of making my whip cream (hate the bottled stuff & cool whip -YUK) but then when my company came, the wine started flowing, the talks kept turning to laughter and I'm looking at the clock (it was quarter to 10pm) and thinking, "there's no way I'm whippin' cream." I don't have an electric beater, I hand mix everything. I've got the killer triceps to prove it too! So instead I took the white chocolate and a cheese grater and went to town. It was a hit. Tasted SO Good! Here's a creative close up!


Shaved Chocolate Pie
1 pie crust (I used Mystic Pie brand)
1 box of Jell-O brand instant pudding Chocolate
1.5 cups milk (I use 1%)
1 block of White Chocolate
Cook pie shell according to directions
when pie shell is done, make pudding according to directions on box but using only 1.5 cups of milk
Pour pudding mixture into pie shell and let it fridge uncovered for 1.5 hours.
Take out and shave white chocolate across the top using a cheese grater.
Serve immediately to friends who really really like chocolate!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

...mmmmm....creaaativvve...*drool*