Tuesday, January 19, 2010






Here's Jaxston! This is a painting that I finished last night for a client and here you can see the painting with the photo!

I love how his head ended up in the clouds in the painting. What was supposed to be a blue wash background ended up being creative sky. What happened was that I was painting and didn't realize that there was a hair in the paint brush that ended up on the paper. I tried to pick it up with my fingernails, but couldn't. Grabbed a papertowel and managed to get it that way but ended up with a cloud-like splotch on the paper. Owell, might as well make them all clouds. But I really pushed the clouds by going back in with colored pencil and creating some edging to them. I'm happy with the way it turned out and I hope the client is as well.

No comments: