Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ha hahaha. Yes, Monday June 7th will be my 39th birthday. Holy Crap! The plan is to go to the house in Chester and whoop it up all weekend. It's supposed to thunderstorm so that really means Muggy weather, frizzy hair and bugs! But out in the woods, what else could you expect?

Last night I worked on the portrait of Shayeden, a pit bull mix from Ohio. Her owner won my gift certificate through the Poppy Mart Auction held by the Pit Bull Rescue Central. For more information on how you can help these wonderful dogs go here http://www.pbrc.net/. I've donated a certificate for the 2010 auction. I believe it starts in October and is done through Ebay. I'll keep you posted.



What a sweet face! This painting is about half way done at this point.
Speaking of Sweet faces, I just want to take a moment and let you all know a secret: I love my boyfriend (aw, so nice!) Anyway, this past Wednesday I went down to J's rehearsal space and watched his trio ROCK! It was a really good set and they are getting ready to put out an EP. Of course, when it comes out, I'll be a tweeting maniac!! J's a bit like Donald Fagen in the way everything has to be perfect, but we've talked about it and we both agree that why would you put anything out that's half assed?
He's an avid outdoors man, hunting and fishing and all. I call this picture his "Game Face".


So speaking of the space, Here's a picture of the rehearsal door. I'm posting it because I entered a contest for the Great Frog. The Great Frog is a silversmith in London who does a lot of very cool jewelry. Lots of skulls, but I'm waiting for the stag/deer ones. It's just a matter of time before they start creating those. *hint hint* Anyway, they have this contest that they'll send you stickers, you stick them, take a photo and send it to them and the winner gets a piece of Jewelry. So with out further ado:


And yes, I'm still a girl. And every girl has a sticker collection. Mine happens to be on the cat box!



For more info about Great Frog go here! http://thegreatfrog.com/index.php
Have a great weekend!!!!



1 comment:

Tracy said...

I hope you win the stag/deer jewelry!!!